By now, the fall semester is nearing its end at Bay Area schools. Many students have received grades on major tests or projects, and finals are just around the corner! Whether your student is a freshman looking to start high school with great grades or a senior concerned about GPA for the college admissions process, AJ Tutoring’s academic tutoring team is ready to help your student finish the semester well!
AJ Tutoring offers academic tutoring in the following subjects:
- Math (all levels including AP)
- Biology (all levels including AP)
- Physics (all levels including AP)
- Chemistry (all levels including AP)
- Spanish (all levels including AP)
- History (all levels including AP)
- Economics, macro/micro (all levels including AP)
- English (all levels including AP)
- Study skills
Here are some key ways to succeed on final exams:
- Start preparing early: The students who succeed on final exams start preparing early in the semester. A high grade reflects a comprehensive understanding of the topics and skills covered throughout the fall months. By starting early, you and your tutor can begin to fold in the necessary practice and review.
- Brush up on study skills: Learning how to study is a fundamental skill that we prioritize in tutoring sessions here at AJ. Important study skills include breaking down larger units and assignments, working on problems that are more challenging than the ones you see on homework, and generating review materials from notes and the textbook. These are the fundamental processes that yield great grades on final exams.
- Review content from earlier in the semester: Many students report feeling confident on final exam questions that reflect content they’ve covered recently. Issues arise when questions ask about knowledge from September or even late August! In working with a 1-on-1 tutor, you will get customized review of the content gaps and hard-to-remember ideas from weeks and months past.
For more information about AJ Tutoring’s academic tutoring program, please visit our website or give us a call at (650) 331-3251. One of our directors would be happy to speak with you about a customized academic tutoring program for your student!