The age-old question that juniors and the families of juniors face year after year centers around college admission tests: Do we sign up for the SAT or ACT? Should we take both? Should we take neither? What benefits do these tests offer in this day and age? What is the benefit of the ACT? Well AJ Tutoring has been navigating the waters of test preparation and college admissions for over a decade and can help provide you and your student with some measure of clarity as you begin this journey.
There are many benefits to taking these standardized tests, but the ACT is the test most parents and students are unfamiliar with. Let’s break down some of the differences and benefits of taking the ACT.
- You can retake the ACT several times just like the SAT and choose which score to include in your admissions paperwork.
- The ACT is accepted by all major 4-year universities.
- There is no penalty for guessing on the ACT exam like there is on the SAT.
- The ACT includes a science portion which gives you a boost when applying to a STEM based program in college.
- The ACT is for you if you have strong reading comprehension skills! This test is reading forward versus the math forward SAT.
All of these are reasons and more for choosing to sit for the ACT exam. However, if you are still uncertain about which route to take, call a director today to discuss your options and set up a path for success in the ACT and beyond! AJ Tutoring is here to help so reach out today at (650) 331-3251!